About Venice. Talking City Guide
Venice, the City of Bridges, is rightfully called "an open-air museum". Spreading out over 118 islands interconnected with ferries and bridges, Venice's buildings form a whole. There is no other city like this.
Have an exciting trip through Venice together with 'About Venice. Talking City Guide'. Read the thrilling tales about the loveliest sights and get to know Venice as it is today.
The city guide is remarkable in two main respects:
• This book can not only be read but also heard. All the texts are read out by a professional speaker.
• You can see all the city sights on the offline maps included, or you can call up the online maps from the chapter by clicking on a link.
The maps and photos in this city guide will help you to cope while in Venice. You must get to know this city yourself and enjoy its beauty and secrets.
The guide will tell you about the 18 most interesting sights:
• Chiesa di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
• Grand Canal
• Ca' d' Oro
• Ponte di Rialto
• Museo del Settecento Veneziano
• Teatro La Fenice
• Piazza San Marco and Campanile
• Basilica di San Marco
• Palazzo Ducale
• Ponte dei Sospiri
• Procuratie and Museo Correr
• Chiesa di Santa Maria della Salute
• San Giorgio Maggiore
• Lido di Venezia
• Venetian Ghetto